The International Friends Program creates numerous opportunities for local communities to better understand foreign cultures without having to leave the country. Local community members could invite students and scholars, and their families, to join them for dinner on major holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, a concert or other special event, hiking, skiing, or other activity. When requested by the Office of Global Engagement (OGE), community members may also provide a temporary place to stay in Cache Valley until housing arrangements are made. Other opportunities may include inviting students and/or scholars for public speaking at local schools and/or businesses, tutoring English in a non-classroom setting, and developing lifelong friendships with new friends from different cultures.
Are you interested in:
- Developing opportunities for friendships with those from other cultures?
- Membership is free.
- Developing opportunities to give service that is appreciated?
- Developing friendship opportunities with USU’s international student and scholars, and their families?
- Sharing cultural knowledge and experience?
- Helping promote USU and Cache Valley as a safe, friendly, and supportive setting for USU’s international students and scholars, and their families?