Nathan Hult, Chair (email@example.com)
Eva Nautiyal, Vice Chair
Manijeh Nouraei, Treasurer
Deborah Evans, Community Member
Eduardo Ortiz, Community Member
Nancy Hyde, Office of Global Engagement
Hadia Akbar, USU Student
Raghav Kataria, USU Student, ISC President
Mehmet Soyer , USU Faculty Member
Jack Greene, Community Member, Outdoor Recreation Chair
The International Friends Program (IFP) will provide international students and visiting scholars, and their families, and the people in the Cache Valley Community with opportunities for interaction and friendship, and will strengthen Utah State University’s service and outreach to the global community.
The International Friends Program (IFP) is incorporated as a Utah non-profit corporation, and is recognized by the IRS as an educational and charitable tax-exempt organization. IFP has a signed Memorandum of Cooperation with Utah State University through its Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Office of Global Engagement to provide international students and scholars with opportunities for interaction and friendship.
The IFP Board includes members from the university’s Office of Global Engagement (OGE), international students, and members from the community at large, including USU employees. Committees have been established to handle the work of the program areas of the organization as well as community outreach and operations and internet support. Committee chairs named by the board need not be board members.
IFP FOR USU’S INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS & SCHOLARS
- Gives a head start in understanding U.S. culture
- Provides opportunities for public speaking
- Provides English practice in a non-classroom setting
- Develops friendships and eases anxieties
- Makes available a variety of local knowledge and experience
IFP FOR THE CACHE VALLEY COMMUNITY
- Provides opportunities for friendships with those from other cultures
- Provides opportunities to give service that is appreciated
- Involves community members in international celebrations and recognition of students